University President's Speech
I am pleased to welcome all visitors to Najran University’s comprehensive website. This site supports the university’s programs and goals, which are in line with the Kingdom’s Vision 2030 and the National Transformation Program 2020.
We at the university aim to keep up-to-date with the most advanced modern technologies in education and with distinguished teaching, administrative and technical cadres that contribute to the quality of education and scientific outputs so that the university has an active role in serving the country in various fields. At the same time, we are constantly working on developing the skills of the university’s employees and providing them with the knowledge needed through training courses and scientific seminars, in addition to encouraging scientific research and promoting and adopting inventions and innovations.
We are also working to develop the university’s potential by utilizing the government’s unlimited support under the leadership of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz, may God support him, and His Highness the Crown Prince, Prince Muhammad Bin Salman, may God protect him, as well as His Excellency the Minister of Education, Dr. Hamad Al-Sheikh. Furthermore, we aim to spread knowledge and expand development not only within the walls of the university city but also to all segments of society by offering many training courses, lectures, seminars and programs that will develop community members and provide them with the necessary skills that raise their qualifications and motivate them to build a bright future.
Dr. Abdulrahman Al-Khudairi, President of the University
The University Establishment:
The custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz, may Allah bless him, issued a royal decree of establishing Najran University on Shawaal 10th,1427A.H. during the inauguration ceremony of the University campus.
The University Location:
Najran University is located on the Eastern outskirts of the city of Najran, with an area of 18 million square meters, thus becoming the largest University campus all over the Kingdom. The University will include two campuses for males and females. It consist of 15 and 10 colleges for males and females respectively, with an overall capacity of 45 thousand students. The university will also have a medical city, a research center, a sport and entertainment arenas and accommodation for the faculty and staff members as well as students. There will also be a future investment city to serve as a trust foundation for the university. The investment will include, not exclusively, hotels, commercial centers and private schools.
The University Colleges:
The University comprises at the moment fourteen colleges, as follows:
1. College of Applied Medical Sciences grants BS degrees and consists of the following departments:
- Department of Clinical Laboratories Sciences
- Department of Radiology Sciences
- Department of Natural Therapy
2. College of Computer Science and Information Technology grants BS degrees and consists of the following departments:
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Network Engineering and Telecommunications
3. College of Education grants BA degrees and consists of the following departments:
- Department of Education and Psychology
- Department of Home Economics
- Department of Kindergarten Education
- Department of Special Education
- Department of Curriculum and Instructions
4. College Applied grants University diplomas and consists of the following departments:
- Department of Computer Sciences
- Department of Medical Sciences
- Department of Administrative Sciences
5. College of Medicine grants BS degrees and consists of the following departments:
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Internal Medicine
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Family and Community Medicine
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Biochemistry
6. College of Dentistry grants BS degrees and consists of the following departments:
- Department of Preventive Dental Sciences
- Department of Restorative Dental Sciences
- Department of Prosthetic Dental
- Department of Maxillofacial Surgery & Diagnostic Sciences
7. College of Administrative Sciences grants BA degrees and consists of the following departments:
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Accountancy
- Department of Administrative Information Systems
- Department of Systems
- Department of Marketing and E-Commerce
8. College of Pharmacy grants BS degrees and consists of the following departments:
- Department of Pharmaceuticals
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Department of Drugs
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
9. College of Engineering grants BS degrees and consists of the following departments:
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Architectural Engineering
10. College of Languages grants BA degrees and consists of the following departments:
- Department of English Language
- Department of Translation
11. College of Arts and Sciences grants BA degrees in the following majors:
A – Scientific Majors:
* Department of Mathematics
* Department of Physics
* Department of Chemistry
* Department of Biology
B – Humanities:
* Department of Arabic
* Department of English
12. College of Arts and Sciences of Sharora grants BA degrees in the following majors:
A – Scientific Majors
* Department of Chemistry
* Department of Mathematics
* Department of Computer Sciences
B – Theoretical Departments:
* Department of Arabic Language
* Department of Islamic Studies
* Department of English Language
* Department of Education and Kindergarten Education
13. College of Nursing: and :
A -Grants BA degrees:
- Department of Nursing
B - Department of Midwifery grants diplomas degrees in the following majors:
- Department of Nursing Learning and Administration.
- Nursing Depart of Surgical and Internal Medicine.
- Nursing Depart of Mater and child Health.
- Nursing Depart of Comm Health and Mental Heal
14. College of Sharia and Fundamentals of Religion grants BA degrees in the following majors:
- Department of Sharia
- Department of Fundamentals of Religion
1. Deanship of Community Service and Continuing Education:
This deanship grants a diploma in a number of medical, scientific and administrative specializations, and it supervises affiliation and parallel education in coordination with the corresponding departments at the university.
2. Deanship of the Preparatory Year
Most of the university's male and female students study there for a year to prepare them for medical, scientific and administrative specializations.
3. Deanship of Admission and Registration
The Deanship of Admission and Registration is responsible for registering students who wish to join the university and who meet the admission and registration requirements, and then confirming their admission to the university.
4. Deanship of Student Affairs:
The Deanship of Student Affairs works to provide a suitable environment for educational attainment, practical training and character building, in which students invest their time inside and outside the university in religious, cultural and social activities in order to develop their talent in all aspects.
5. Deanship of Graduate Studies:
Najran University has various branches of knowledge including linguistic, social, human, natural and medical fields. Such variety provides excellent opportunities for those wishing to continue their higher studies in the Kingdom.
6. Deanship of Library Affairs:
The Deanship of Library Affairs is responsible for securing, preparing and displaying information that serves workers, researchers and students in the university's colleges and various departments, including scientific sources, references and manuscripts, as well as photographs, books and scientific periodicals. It is also responsible for organizing and processing these information sources technically and electronically so that they are easy to retrieve.
7. Deanship of E-Learning and Distance Education:
The Deanship of E-Learning and Distance Education is responsible for managing and operating e-learning systems at the university. Furthermore, the deanship works to enhance the use of technology in education and to provide training courses for faculty members and students in dealing with e-learning systems. In addition to providing technical support, the deanship is responsible for designing and developing electronic courses that contribute to increasing the efficiency of the educational process.
8. Deanship of Development and Quality.
9. Deanship of Scientific Research
The Deanship of Scientific Research encourages researchers from faculty members and students to conduct original and innovative research that contributes to the enrichment and service of society.
10. The Deanship of Human Resources.
11. Deanship of Communications and Information Technology.
The University also comprises a deanship to serve the community and continuous learning, grants diplomas in several medical, scientific and administrative majors as well as supervises enrollment and parallel learning in coordination with the concerned departments in the university.
Furthermore, the University includes a deanship for the freshmen where most of the university students enroll in preparation for their medical, scientific and administrative majors.