Dr. Mohammed Ali Fayee Ibraheem
Vice-Rector of the University
Mohammed Ali Faya Ibraheem Al-Almaei
Name: Mohammed Ali Faya Ibraheem Al-Almaei
Academic Position: Associate professor
2. Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Mathematics from KSU, Abha branch.
- Master of Mathematics from college of science KSU.
- Ph.D of mathematics (Algebra) from University of St. Andrews -UK.
Teaching of various courses of Algebra for undergraduate and postgraduate students such as:
Fundamental of Mathematics-Modern Logic and Algebra-Algebra matrices, Linear Algebra, Group Theory-Numbers Theory, Semi Groups Theory, and Rings and Fields
4. Computer and Programming Experience
There is much interest to deal with computer programs due to the need , hobby and the major itself , in addition to the mastery of computer basics, some languages programs can be dealt with proficiently for examples; Basic, Pascal, Fortran, Gap, Oracle PL/SQL, and MAGMA.
5. Academic and Administrative Assignments
1-Representative of the Department of Mathematics in the Research Centre of KKU
2-Head of the Department of Mathematics from 2001-2003
3-Head of the Department of Mathematics in 2003
4-cooperator with the Deanship of Admission and Registration at KKU from 2003-2005
5-Vie-Dean of Admission and Registration for Technical Affairs at KKU from 2003-2005
6-Vice-dean of Admission and Registration at KKU since 2005
7-Member of the high scientific committee of Mathematics at the Ministry of Education
8-Member of the supporting teamwork for comprehensive visualization of electronic and distance learning-ministry of higher education.
9-Member of consultant committee for developing the curricula of mathematics –ministry of education
10-Member of the founding committee of statistical Association.
11-Member of the deanship of community services from 2001- 2003
12-Member of assistant teachers and lecturers committee –College of Science
13-Member of the timetable committee at the university
14-Member of computer, instruction, and electronic learning
15-Member of electronic transaction committee at the university
16-Member of scientific committee for symposium on Education in the era of the Custodian of Two Holy Mosques-KKU
17-Member of the postgraduate studies committee at the department of mathematics
18-Member of the ministerial committee for developing the courses of mathematics
19-Member of the control committee of General Aptitude Test in Abha centre 2004
20-Chairman of the committee of General Aptitude Test for the first term in Regal Alma centre 2005
21-Chairman of the committee of General Aptitude Test for the second term in Sarat Obaida centre 2005
22-Vice chairman of general aptitude test for Abha centre 2006
23- Member of the arbitrarian committee for a number of branches of Abha Prize
24-member of viva committee for number of master thesis
25-Member of examination committee for the second term of the academic year 1996-1997
26-Member of ceremonies and reception committee for laying foundation stone for the project of the university buildings.
6. Participation in conferences ,symposia, and workshops
- Participated with a research at the Conference on the Representation Theory and its application which was held at the university of Uppsala in Sweden from 22-27/4/2004
- Participation with a paper at the Fourth European Conference on Mathematics which was held at the University of Stockholm from 28/6-5/7/2004 AD.
- WSEAS Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, 27-29-05-2006, participated with two researches.
- The International conference of Algebra which was held at the university of Hong Kong in 23/8/1997 AD.
- The Twenty fifth of Arab organization for officials responsible for admission and registration in Arab universities which was held at Bahrain University between 26-29/4/2004 AD
- The international conference about the custodian of two holy mosques and his achievements which was held at KSU in Riyadh.
- A workshop on WebCT in computer administration centre –KKU
- A course on Leadership and strategic change orientation organized at the institute of administration –KKU.
- The periodic symposia and advanced courses which were periodically carried out at the department of mathematics-K.K.U.
- TheInternational Conference of E-learning –Maskat-Oman 2006 AD.
- A workshop of higher education statistics in Riyadh- 2006 AD.
- A symposium of higher education statistics in Riyadh- 2005 AD.
- The International Conference in Distance Learning –KFU-2008 AD.
7. Membership of Associations and Scientific Forums:
- Member of American Mathematics Society.
- Member of Saudi Society for mathematics sciences.
- Member of semi-groups forum.
- Member of Edinburg Mathematical Society.
8. Certificates of Appreciation and Shields
1- Abha prize for the most energetic teaching staff member for the year 2006
2- Certificate of Merit from His Royal Highness Prince Khalid Al-Faisal to the first position among the graduates of King Saud University for a bachelor's degree with accumulative degree of excellence with first class honors
3-A shield of Appreciation from His Excellency, the Saudi Cultural Attaché in U.K for presiding the Saudi Student Club in Dandi and Aberdin for two consecutive session
1. Some geometrical aspects of quasiconformal mappings, M. Sc. Thesis.
2. Semigroup presentations, Ph.D. Thesis.
3. On the embedding of ordered semigroups into ordered groups, Czechoslovak mathematical
journal, 54 (129) (2004), 303-313.
4. On the ranks of certain sporadic simple groups by Suzuki, Thompson and Rudvalis, Algebras,
Groups and Geometries, Vol.22, 2005.
5. On the ranks of Harada-Norton sporadic simple group HN, International Mathematical Journal,Vol. 1, no. 1-4, 2006, 175-183
6. On the ranks of Conway group Co1, Proceeding of the Japan Academy, Vol.81, Ser.A, No.6(2005), (Joint work with Faryad Mohammed Ali).
7. On the ranks of HS and McL groups, UTILITAS Mathematica, Vol. 70, July 2006. (Joint work with Faryad Mohammed Ali).
8. On the ranks of Conway groups Co2 and Co3 , Journal of Algebra and its applications, Vol.4,No.5 (2005) 1-9, ( Joint work with Faryad Mohammed Ali). This article is listed as the third of the top access articles in this journal for 2006-2007.
9. On the ranks of Tits simole group, WSEAS Transactions on mathematics, Vol. 5, no. 7,
10. (2,3,t)-generations for the Tits simple group, Proceeding of the 9th WSEAS International
Conference on Applied Mathematics, 2006, 362-366.
11. ON THE GENERATION OF CONWAY GROUPS BY CONJUGATE INVOLUTIONS, ALGEBRAS,
GROUPS AND GEOMETRIESVOLUME 24, NUMBER 2, JUNE 2007, 203.
10. Research Interests
Group and Semigroup theory, Groups and Semigroups presentations, Groups and Semigroups representations, Group and semigroups characters, Computational algebra, automata , codes and word theory